- On the menu, click on the 'Member Center'.
- You will be taken to the member center.
- Your member profile and information will be displayed in the 'View Profile' window.
- You can edit elements of this information from the 'member center' window on the left hand side. Note that the option to remove user (you) has been disabled.
- Name and contact Information contains your screen name and email address details and any other instant messaging service you have details can be entered here.
- Profile Information allows a number of personnel information to be entered if you wish to disclose it. If you enter a location this will be displayed along with your screen name on message posts. If you enter your birth date this will be added to the calendar. If you enter a personnel message this will appear along with your screen name under the avatar on message posts.
- Change Password allows members to update the login password. Note If you don't know your password this can be requested from the registration page. Signature allows members to add text which will appear after each message posted. Avatar settings allows members to add a photo to their screen name, there is a selection to choose from or your own graphic file in .jpg or .bmp can be loaded using the 'Browse' button on the upload avatar. Ensure the file you are up loading is less that 768Kb. It can be rescaled by using the avatar dimension settings. Click on save to make your settings active.
- User Message Block can be used if members post content that offends you or content that you do not agree with. If you do not wish to see messages from this user, add them to the the following list. Click Save to make your settings active.
- Board settings gives a number of options which are explained to control the preferences for the message boards. Note: The Private messaging service is disabled on this forum. Click Save to make your settings active.
- Time Settings allows the format of the time and date to be altered and also allows a time adjustment to be made for day light saving time. Please select the time zone for your relevant location. Language and Theme currently offers two colour themes for which can be previewed. The default is called X2.
- Modify your Notifications shows which boards or threads you are receiving notification. Items displayed here allows emails to be sent to the email address you registered with the TOC forum. This is particularly useful if you are not a regular user and you want to be informed for example any items 'For Sale'. When a member posts message on the 'For sale' board you will receive an email which contains a link. To select boards and messages to either watch or have email notification, on the the relevant board/message thread click 'Watch Board' or 'Watch Thread'. These will then appear in the notification service.